Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Movie Casting..Again!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baby June:

    Darth: Bruce Campbell?! Really, now, isn't that an insult to Bruce? wink He can play a scoundrel very well, but he doesn't have that slimey, "Katchoo keeps breaking my nose" quality. At least not in my eyes. I could be surprised if he got the role. smile
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Y'see that's the point-I think we are missing the main issue-we need actors who can act like the characters, not who look like them. I think Bruce could do it-did you see any eps of Jack of All Trades? Remove the heroic qualities from Jack, and you'd have a very Freddie like character(well, at least I think so....) Just my take on the whole casting call.
    *notices Saving Grace's post, fires up the ol' lightsaber*
    No prob Grace......which 10 inches? biggrin

    Darth

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Francine - Minni Driver
    Katchoo - Mira Sorvino or that actor who played Darlene on the Roseanne series. With a blonde wig.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member UpstartThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sara Gilbert is the best one yet. BUT , no matter how well its acted or directed it just wouldnt be as good as the comic. You just couldnt get the back ground or character development in a film. not enough time. So a series would be the better option. but i dont think that would cut it either. ' if it aint broke dont fix it'.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member -Tyler-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flyonthewall:
    i still say chloe sevigny as katchoo; have any of you see the movie "kids"? horribly wonderful. and although i love kate winslet, not blue-collar enough for me. too victorian, not enough working class smile<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    WOW! You know I was thinking Chloe, that whole time, I just thought, Nah shes too....sublime...Katchoo is way more in your face. But of course Chloe is an amazing talent so im sure she should accomplish the role.


  5. #25
    Inactive Member Hawaiidude's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm... this is tough. I'm not sure about the rest, but somehow I can see Joey Lauren Adams playing Casey. *shrug*

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 3peanuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2001
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I know you can't imagine her face but my vote goes to a taxidriver I saw in Paris...she was so Katchooesque...

    Oops I've just created a new word... rolleyes


  7. #27
    Inactive Member -Tyler-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just looked up Jennifer Connelly, i never noticed how much she looks like francine. She get my vote.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Girly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Personally, I think Sandra Bullock would make a great Francine and I prefer the idea of Mira Sorvino as Katchoo, rather than Renee Zellweger or Joey Lauren Adams. I like the idea of the late Brandon Lee as David but it's hard to figure out who would make a good Darcy. She is quite a character!

    ------------------

  9. #29
    Inactive Member -Tyler-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. I think all three Crow movies butchered the graphic novel.

    ------------------
    This is his Head

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Xcandescent's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sigh.

    I'm probably in the minority here, but I hope that, if an SiP movie or series is ever made, it's NOT live-action.

    Comics that've been through the book-to-movie grind almost never make it through without major damage. And to be honest, even though SiP does have realistic scenes in it, there's a fair portion of it that just won't translate to screen. I'm thinking of the comic parody/fantasy sequences (not the one-shots -- the ones that are part of the plot).

    There are things you can do with comic books that you can't do with live action, and vice versa. While animation would be a much better match, there are many things that can go wrong with that as well. I'm glad SiP is still a comic book, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    (Well, I WOULD like an SiP soundtrack of all the original compositions to play in the background as I'm reading, but there you go.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •